See all the rankings here.
If I’d heard the Mastodon and Gossip albums earlier, my votes might have been slightly different. But here’s a hip hip hooray for the 15 people besides me who awarded points to The Black Crowes: “Hip, hip, hooray!”
Congratulations, everyone! You’ve made it to the end of 2009!
In the spirit of year-end lists, I have created the OH Awards, which I will now present via blog to those individuals who I believe to be most deserving.
Award: Child Exploitation? Just Cute? Or, Is That a Computer-Generated Voice I Hear?
Winner: Cleopatra Stratan
Award: Wish They Hadn’t Done That
Winner: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2009 Tour
Award: Who the Heck Are You, And What Planet Are You From?
Winner: Lady GaGa
Award: Star in the Making
Winner: Baby Cory
Award: Best Concert
Winner: Lou Reed’s Metal Machine Trio at the Blender Theater, NYC
Award: Favorite New Discovery
Winner: The Renaldo The Ensemble
Award: Best Mash-Up of Two Dumb Outbursts
Winner: Kanye West Interrupts Obama
Award: Please! Make It Stop!
Winner: Miley Cyrus at the Teen Choice Awards
Award: This Is So Much Better Than Lady GaGa–Why Isn’t This Band More Famous?
Winner: Gossip – “Dimestore Diamond”
Award: We’ll Never Forget You
Winner: Michael Jackson
Here’s Michael with another legend who died too young…
1. “Wholehearted Mess” (Pink Skull remix) – Bear in Heaven
2. “Economics” – Blakfish
3. “Answer is Zero” – Dappled Cities
4. “Reborn” – FACT
5. “Cutis Anserina” – Fiasco
6. “Wander Aimlessly” – Foreign Born
7. “Arrive” – HORSE the Band
8. “Skipping Across the Autobahn” – Banzai
9. “Meddler” – August Burns Red
10. “Sound Guardians – Lightening Bolt
11. “Unfolding” – Former Ghosts
12. “Heavy Cross” – Gossip
13. “Chip Away” – Jane’s Addiction
14. “Non-Entity” – Nine Inch Nails
15. “The Oath” – Street Sweeper Social Club
- RT @DNAinfo: Reminder: No L train service b/w #Manhattan and #Brooklyn, starting 11:30 p.m. tonight on.dnainfo.com/198BBgm 21 hours ago
- RT @nypost: Amanda Bynes was arrested tonight after throwing a bong out of a Midtown apartment building, in front of police 1 day ago
- Awesome headline. RT @Gothamist: Amanda Bynes Reportedly Arrested In Midtown, Bong Involved gothamist.com/2013/05/23/ama… 1 day ago
- I hate not being at Maryland Deathfest right now. #MDF #FML 1 day ago
- Not that I agree with the senator who also thought this was a good sign. 1 day ago
- Tokyo Dancer/Horror Film Star Cay Izumi Slays at Lucky 13 Saloon - Brooklyn
- Viggie & Vika Thaw Iceland with Scorching Metal, Part 2: Interview with Vika Yermolyeva
- Truly Original Hipster Award: Sergeant D of Metalsucks
- Interview: Houston Metal Band Venomous Maximus -- "If you want to be the best, you must go crazy."
ORIGINAL HIPSTER by Linda Leseman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at originalhipster.net.